Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Branson - you should be ashamed of yourself

Virgin Media's turn. This is the exchange when I moved into a new flat in Winchester, while I'm on the general topic of extolling the totally apathetic incompetence of telecoms providers:

Me: 'Hi, can you install interbobs and your fibre optic tellymagic thing please?'
Virgin Media (VM): 'No problem. Next available date is a month'
Me: *sigh* 'Ok then. But make sure they come as I'll have to take a day off work'

~~~one month later with no interbobs or satellite telly~~~

Me: 'HI, your engineer's not here, it's midday, he's supposed to come in the morning?'
VM: 'Oh no, we cancelled that 3 weeks ago as you can't get fibre optic in that part of Winchester.'
Me: 'Did you call me, the fucking customer, and tell me?'
VM: 'Not my department. Sozzlepops'

1 comment: